Contour Countertops & Contour Stoneworks’ FAQ
- Quartz: Consists of 93% natural quartz and 7% pigments and polymer resins combined together and compacted into slabs by a special vacuum and vibration process at a pressure of 100 tons.
- Granite: Granite rocks are igneous rocks also known as "fire rocks" which are formed by slowly cooling pockets of magma that were trapped beneath the earth’s surface.
- Granite is 3cm (1 ¼”) thick
- Quartz is available in 2cm (3/4”) and 3cm (1 ¼”) thick
3cm thick quartz and granite and 2cm quartz do not need sub-tops
Most countertops will need a seam. Seam placement is determined by the countertop layout,
vein pattern in the stone, slab size, weight (a standard 8’ long tops weights 260 lbs), sink location, and access at the job site.
In both quartz and granite, seams will be visible typically 1/16” to 3/32”. Tinted epoxy is used to seam the tops together and a seam leveler is used by our installation team
We recommend that you DO NOT place any hot items such as hot pots and hot pans on any of the countertop surfaces we provide.
- Maintenance Free
- Nonporous (Requires no Sealing)
- Food Safe
- Color Patterns and Shades are Consistent
- Stain Resistant
- Scratch and Chip Resistant
- Multi-year Warranty, varies by Manufacturer
- Extraordinary Depth and Character
- Each slab Unique with Random Pattern and Movement
- Heat and Scratch Resistant, Durable
- Higher Gloss on Polished Slabs than Quartz
While the Team takes measures to minimize disruption, the tools needed are noisy and the process is not 100% dust free and you may want to cover sensitive areas near the installation area. The epoxies and adhesives used do have noticeable odors and if possible, an open window and turning off the heating/cooling system during installation would help.
- Quartz: No, the manufacturer’s warranty only applies if the countertops are installed by an authorized installer.
- Granite: No, we have a specialized template through the installation process that we employ on every project. With Contour Countertops, you are ensured professional results from the initial design through fabrication and final installation.
No, Contour Countertops is not licensed for electrical or plumbing work. You will need to make arrangements for this service yourself.
Typical lead times for readily available materials from template to installation is 5 to 7 working days. Lead times can vary depending on the size of the job, material availability and workload.
Yes, for us to provide you with the countertops you envisioned the decision maker MUST to be present at both the template/measure and installation.