24602 Pacific Hwy South
Kent, WA 98032 (Map)
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
Saturday 9 AM to 1 PM
11802 SE Jennifer Street Clackamas OR 97015 (Map)
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Saturday by Appointment
“Very professional and personable!” - Hilman, Seattle
“First-rate and professional in every respect.” - Nagel, Bellevue
“From 1 to 10 – Excellent!” - Gallagher, Renton
Frequently Asked Questions
Product Information FAQ's
- What are the countertop surfaces made from?
- How thick are countertops?
- Will my countertops have a seam?
- Will the seams be visible in my countertops?
- Can I place a hot pot on my countertops?
- What are the advantages to Laminate countertops?
- What are the advantages to Solid Surface countertops?
- What are the advantages to Quartz countertops?
- What are the advantages to Granite countertops?
- Can I install my own countertops?
- Do I need a sub-top under my stone countertops?
- Can you disconnect and reconnect my electrical and plumbing connections?
- What are your lead times for installation?
- Do I need to be on-site at the time of the template/measure and installation?
- Laminate: Digital images printed on paper and laid over layers of kraft paper sheets impregnated with phenolyc resin bonded to 3/4" particle board.
- Solid Surface: An advanced blend of natural minerals and pure acrylic polymer.
- Quartz: Consists of 93% natural quartz and 7% pigments and polymer resins combined together and compacted into slabs by a special vacuum and vibration process at a pressure of 100 Tons.
- Granite: Granite rocks are igneous rocks also known as "fire rocks" which are formed by slowly cooling pockets of magma that were trapped beneath the earth’s surface.
- Laminate: The deck is typically 3/4" thick with a 1 1/2" build down of the edge profile.
- Solid Surface: The material is 1/2" thick with 1 1/2" build down of the edge profile.
- Quartz: Contour Countertops offers a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick material; eliminating the visible lamination line in the edge profile.
- Granite: Contour Countertops offers a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick material; eliminating the visible lamination line in the edge profile.
Seam placement is determined by the countertop layout and the size and/or fabrication limitations of each surface. We try to minimize seams whenever possible, but most countertops will require a seam(s).
- Laminate: Yes, some laminate patterns disguise seams better than others.
- Solid Surface: Yes, but seams are very inconspicuous.
- Quartz: Yes, all seams are visible and typically 1/16" to 1/8"
- Granite: Yes, all seams are visible and typically 1/16" to 1/8"
We recommend that you DO NOT place any hot items such as hot pots and hot pans on any of the countertop surfaces we provide.
- Design flexibility
- Easy to maintain
- Great value
- Seamless backsplash option
- Many colors to choose from
- Non-porous, requires no sealing
- Integral sink option
- Long lasting value
- Renewable to original appearance
- 10-15 year warranty
- Maintenance free
- Non-porous, requires no sealing
- Food safe
- Large color selection
- Stain resistant
- Scratch and chip resistant
- 10 year warranty
- Extraordinary depth and character
- Each slab unique with random pattern and movement
- Heat and scratch resistant
- Extremely durable
- Laminate: Yes, you can install your own countertops with basic carpentry skills and a simple countertop layout. We do recommend hiring a professional for the more complicated layouts with one or more seams.
- Solid Surface: No, the manufacturers warranty only applies if the countertops are installed by an authorized installer.
- Quartz: No, the manufacturers warranty only applies if the countertops are installed by an authorized installer.
- Granite: No, we have a specialized template through installation process that we employ on every project. With Contour Countertops you are ensured professional results from the initial design through fabrication and final installation.
No, both our Quartz and Granite countertops are a full 3cm (1 1/4") thick slab material that is installed directly on the cabinets, eliminating the need for a sub-top.
No, Contour Countertops is not licensed for electrical or plumbing work. You will need to make arrangements for this service yourself.
Typical lead times for standard and stock materials:
Laminate Countertops-will called at plant
- Basic Edge 1-2 weeks
- Premium Edge 2-3 weeks
Installed Laminate Countertops 3-4 weeks (from template/measure to installation)
Installed Stone Countertops 3-4 weeks (from template/measure to installation)
Lead times can vary depending upon current workload and your countertop specifications and surface selection.
Yes, for us to provide you with the countertops you envisioned the decision maker MUST to be present at both the template/measure and installation.